zondag 22 juni 2014

30-day Creative Challenge Week 3 + DC #172

Here we are with the third week of this challenge. Going so fast, we've passed the halfway mark, June's almost over! If you still want to participate, you can! Head on over to whimsy and zen and check out how to join in on the fun!

Day 15 - Family.











Not family-related, but I continued my work on the card. Almost finished 2 of the sides: One Japanese garden and a kimono-girl. She still needs a second colour on the coat and will then be cut out and pasted on the card!

Day 16 - Create something that reminds you of your childhood.

Again, not following the prompt. Over at Lineweaving.com forums, I'm participating in another fun swap: "Mandala slice and dice" 2 for 2 ATC swap! Hadn't made time for it earlier, but the deadline's drawing closer and I managed to complete my first set.



It was so much fun that I'm thinking about doing another one before choosing the 2 ATC's I will send!




Day 17 - Round.




I guess, unknowingly, I stayed with the prompt today, since I made my second mandala. "Mandala" is the Sanskrite word for circle, which, obviously, is round!
Now on to some slicing, dincing, packing and sending!




Day 18 -Something basic.




Wednesday usually is a busy day, I go on family visits and in the evening I get together with a group to make some art. This Wednesday I worked some more on the cards: Another 2 done, only 2 more sides to go and I can start assembling!













Also finished the girl-in-the-kimono. Got her robes done and cut her out.


I really need to install my scanner, because the gold stickers don't photograph so well... Oh well, another thing to put on my to-do-list for when I have some time.

Day 19 - Find inspiration in a piece of candy. (Diva challenge #172)
I have no idea how this would resemble a piece of candy, but it was our Diva's weekly challenge: a duotangle, Auraknot and Mooka. Two simple, but elegant tangles.

Mooka, Auraknot

Day 20 - Mandala (Diva Challenge #167)

Well, Punzel


I kinda completed this challenge on day 16 and 17, so not going to do a mandala again. Instead I went with another Diva Challenge (because I have a LOT of catching up to do) #167: another duotangle, Well and Punzel this time. A love-hate-relationship, I must say... Love Well, hate Punzel. I just can't seem to get the feel for this one and make it look like a whole...










Day 21 - Use a medium you don't normally use. (Diva Challenge #166)

Diva's Tangle


Today's the last day of this week and I'm afraid I'm not feeling too well... Having some sinus problems and they come with Mr. Headache and Mrs. Snot. So haven't done a lot on this Summer Solstice day.

Since I don't own mediums I don't (normally) use, I thought about sticking to our wonderful Diva. Still have plenty of challenges to do, so here's number 166 U(se) M(y) T(angle). Every first Monday the challenge is to implement one specific tangle. This time it was one of her own creations, still nameless.

Another easy one to draw, but I had some trouble trying to shade it.




That's it for this week. Please leave a comment, because I like reading what you all think of it :)

3 opmerkingen:

  1. All of the things you're making are so pretty. My favorites are the Japanese inspired ones, I like the gold outline and the way things look so delicate.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Thank you ladies for your nice comments :) I really appreciate it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen