zaterdag 14 juni 2014

30-day Creative Challenge Week 2 + DC #171

Alright! Here's the second week of this creative challenge. If you want to find out more about it and join in the fun, check out Whimsy and zen!

Day 8 - Think color.
No colour today, not even a finished product. I started working on a Ben Kwok template, the Hamza Hand. I'm finding this one a bit difficult to fill, not really sure what patterns to use. Guess my muse was on vacation...



Day 9 - Find something inspiring in her video and create something new.

Not really "art" in the usual sense of the word, but I have been creating! A ceiling for our hallway, that is. By the time we were done putting in the framework and the first few rows, it was past 9pm and we still hadn't had dinner! I didn't even have the strength to pick up my pens anymore, so the ceiling, for me, is my entry for today!

Day 10 - No procrastinating
Today we finished the ceiling. Turns out? It looks amazing! Our dark hallway seems so much brighter now, I'm a happy little camper :D After almost 3 years of living here, we finally have our new ceiling, no more procrastinating!

Beadlines, Bridgen/Stone necklace


I squeezed in a little tangle time before going to bed. The Diva challenged us this week to be inspired by the word "Courage". I can't believe the amounts of strength (and courage) she must have to keep going. Though she has three wonderful boys in her life to make it all worth while :) Beads of courage instantly reminded me of Beadlines, Bridgen and Stone necklace. So I combined those patterns in a simple tangle 'moed' (the Dutch word for courage).









Day 11 - Use dots of some kind in whatever you make.

Tipple, Florz, Coaster, Jemz


Loads of "dots", though they're a bit bigger than usual. Circles, diamonds and orbs!
I've found out that Tipple is my go-to tangle for smaller spaces. Those little orbs turn up everywhere!





Day 12 - Growth.
I worked some more on the hamza hand today. It's taking a loong time to finish and I'm not sure whether I like the way it's turning out, but it's a process I'm going through, learning more about my own work and possibilities, growing into my own artistic self, so I guess that's a good thing.


Day 13 - Music!

Rain
Again not following the prompt today, but I did get to finish another Diva Challenge. #168 this was to only use the pattern "Rain". You can find it here.















Day 14 -Cards.
Though I have finished this one, I didn't have my camera nearby... Will update this post with a pic tomorrow! (little hint: I am working on a card!)

That's it for week 2! Almost halfway and so far I haven't missed a single one, yay!
If you have any tips&tricks or just want to let me know what you think, feel free to post a comment!


2 opmerkingen: