zaterdag 7 juni 2014

30-day Creative Challenge Week 1 + DC #170

Here we are with the first week of artsy things! I have included the daily prompts, but haven't always used them.

Day 1 - Consider using a theme from nature!
I used String 105 from TanglePatterns.com Strings, because of the leafyness of it. I'm not 100% sure I like it, but 'm afraid I'll ruin it completely by adding more to it...

Fescu, Aura-Leah, Bluebonnets

Day 2 - Shading
I just went with the flow, and this is what came out. I really have a hard time shading, even the Zentangles, that don't have a "wrong" way, seem odd to me when I shade them. I've looked up shading tutorials all over the net, but they don't seem to help... I still get the feeling of unrealness from my work...

Tipple, Knightsbrigde, Bales, Beadlines, River


The shading isn't really visible on the first photo, but it is there!







Day 3 - Just DO it!

Quib, Bugles, Fife



I don't think I've ever participated in the Diva's challenge, even though I've been wanting to jump in for a while now. My OCD self is holding me back, cause "You can't start at challenge nr. 5874520!!! No, you start at 1 and work your way up!"
Since that gets harder to do every week that passes by, I decided to JUST DO IT!


I think it worked out ok. At first I didn't like the way Fife was turning out, but when the tile was finished, I had a good feeling about it. Yay for me and on to the next challenge! Only 169 left to do to catch up . . .





Day 4 - GO with it!
For our fourth day I decided to start working on a mandala. I have a Chakra-mandala workbook which I've been planning to try out, but haven't gotten to yet. This challenge is a great way for me to at least start working on them!   


It's A4 in size and apart from this initial pencil drawing, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet. Let's just wait and see what comes up.

Day 5 - Consider doing something you've been wanting to try for a while.
Not going with the prompt today, I went with another Diva Challenge. #169 was up (I decided to do them backwards, or at least for now): Circles as a string:

'Nzeppel, Tipple, Auraknot



 I first drew an entire circle, I kept the compass width and drew 4 quarter circles at each corner of the page. Inside I drew the smaller circle to connect every quarter circle (it looked really empty without the center circle).


I think I might use this 30-day challenge to complete lots more of the Diva's challenges and try to catch up this way!





Day 6 - I'd like to encourage you to include a heart for today.
Today I continued working on my Root Chakra mandala. I inked the pencil lines and did the first colour.







Day 7 - Work on a multi-day project for the weekend.
What a coincidence! Today I worked on (and finished) the mandala I have been working on this week. I coloured the inner circles with a darker red and "shaded" with a green pencil. Since it's the root chakra, I tried to keep it as simple as possible. The knotwork looks pretty intricate, but if you keep the "over-under" in your head, it's hard to make a mistake.


Wow, can't believe the first week is over already! I had a lot of fun taking daily time for drawing and hopefully will make this a constant in my life. I feel a lot more relaxed and can't wait to start with the second week tomorrow!

Feel free to comment and let me know what you think!



2 opmerkingen:

  1. All of your work is lovely. Glad you decided to just jump into Diva's challenge - but I know what you mean about not starting at number one. I had that problem at first.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I'm enjoying the 30 day challenge, too. I'm kind of hit and miss with following the prompts, but I'm really getting into the groove of creating daily. Nice work!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen